Re: Netview Service Point...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Service Point...
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:41:59 -0400
Gord,

1) The Service Point implementation is 100% SNA - sorry, no TCP/IP. That is
why you need Communications Server - to do SNA. So, you need something like
a 3172 or a 3745 to get your SNA to and from the mainframe. Sorry again, but
NVSP is a seperate product from Communications Server and must be ordered
seperately.

2) Again, this is all 100% SNA.

I have done both the VTAM definitions and the Communications Server /
Service Point setup in the past for both Token Ring and now Ethernet SNA
communications. It was not the most fun I ever had, to say the least :-))

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188