Re: mistery MAP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: mistery MAP
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:54:36 -0400
Thank you James !!!!

I did the appres OVw and bingo there was "OVw*mapname:    test1".
I was close but didn't look in my systems user .Xdefaults.
  I am on my machine Xing into the Netview server so it found the X
resource ( OVw*mapname:   test1 ) in my machines .Xdefaults file.  I
must have been doing some testing in this area early on and forgot it
(and also didn't understand the implications of putting it there.

This is clearly a "must" to understand for all users, that Xresources
can be obtaines from the local and/or remote host you are logged into.

Thank you much again.

Jeff Fitzwater
Princeton University