Re: Reality check requested

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Reality check requested
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:06:46 -0400
No they are not equivalent.  The traps you sent use the NetView Enterprise Id --
Interface Down and Node Down are NetView traps.  That's what your ruleset should
being using.  You are not going to get any generic enterprise traps from
NetView, or from Sun.   They will use their actual Enterprise Id.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Sean Aaron <sean.aaron@UCOP.EDU> on 09/02/99 07:55:58 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>