Cisco Router Ruleset...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco Router Ruleset...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:14:41 PDT
Hello All.

I am about to start building a Cisco Router ruleset. We have Cisco 7507,
4700, 2515. with T1 connections, etc.

This is my first attempt at using the Ruleset Editor. Up until now, we have
just used Netview for Status Monitoring mostly.

I have determined that the following events/traps will be applicable to my
Cisco Router ruleset:

IBM_NVNDWN_EV - tell me if the node goes down.
IBM_NVIDWN_EV - tell me if an interface on the router goes down.
Cisco_Auth_Failure - authentication failure.

But, I was wondering if anyone knows what other traps or thresholds I should
be interested in seeing and taking action upon in the world of Cisco
routers??

Any advice appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord.