Re: Nways actualization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways actualization
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 00:34:40 -0400
In my experience you are always better off completely removing earlier
versions of Nways. It takes a long time to do, since the uninstall process
(under smitty cml) removes the trap definitions, the fields, and everything,
but it is safer in the long run.

The V2 install is somewhat better than the V123 was (I thought V123 was
a big improvement..)  Do only a couple of components at a time and
watch the logs. The install looks very similar (install.nways, java stuff).
Differences in V2 - no more mgtapptran, all the PSMs are Java Device
Managers now. So you might want to put that memory upgrade on before
you start. It runs nicely in 1 GB. The HubManager and ATM look just the
same. Lan Remon is the same, though it is licensed along with Traffic
Monitor; I have not installed Traffic Monitor, only Remon.

Check the web site for issues. I think a PTF just came out for it, and I
know there was a bad try&buy key for ReMOn but there is a replacement
out there.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 09/16/99

Sergio Cardona F <scardona@MAIL.VISIONTECH.COM.CO> on 09/15/99 06:52:46 PM