AIX 4.3.2, TME10 Netview V5, Optivity Ver 7

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AIX 4.3.2, TME10 Netview V5, Optivity Ver 7
From: Gerry Thome <thome@BERBEE.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:56:32 -0500
Folks,

I am upgrading a RS/6000 SP node running AIX 4.1.5, TME 10 Netview V5 and
Bay Networks (now Nortel) Optivity V7.  We are upgrading the AIX level to 4.3.2
for
Y2K certification.  We will be doing a migration install for AIX.

I have checked into Netview PTFs and I think I am OK with that.

I plan to remove all of Optivity (don't need the current databases) and install
Optivity 8.1 after I upgrade AIX.   In order to install Optivity 8.1, the
previous version
of Optivity must be removed.  Bay support told me to delete /usr/lnms and that
should
be fine.

Does anyone out there have a better procedure for removing Optivity, and is
anyone
running Optivity 8.1 on  AIX 4.3.2 -- this is not supported, Bay support told
me to
just try it.

Any thoughts?

--