Re: Background file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Background file
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:18:13 -0400
My  old blue notebook say that the xv tool lets you add text, change colors,
flip, rotate images, and is available from ftp.cis.upenn.edu in /pub/edu.
And that the xpaint tool lets you add lines and do shape editing. It is
available from
ftp.x.org/contrib/xpaint-2.1.1.tar.Z
I have not used them since I don't bother with backgrounds unless there is a
tour group coming through...

Guys,  it says right in the NetView Administrator's Guide (page 4-2 in hardcopy)
that the supported format for background GIFs is GIF87.  You should be able to
see this online with dtext, under "Adding or Removing a Background Graphic".

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support