NT MLMs with Solaris Netview server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NT MLMs with Solaris Netview server
From: "McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we@NNS.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:01:36 -0400
I have an NT MLM that is discovering the nodes on it subnet, but it does not
report any information about these nodes to my netview server.
I am able to run the MLM configuration application from netview and make
configuration changes on the MLM. I can demand poll the MLM and
read the various tables. I see netview reading the discovery table.
I have done the following per the MLM release notes for version 5.1.1

1. Change netmon in the ovsuf file to have -G/usr/OV/conf/mlmNodes, -z after
the -P parameter ( I also have a -s /seedfile entry for netview).
2. Made an entry in the mlmNodes file with the name of my MLM server.
3. ovstop/ovstart netmon

Does the segment that the MLM takes over polling for need to be a part of
the netview map before you implement a MLM?
The segment is behind a firewall and the only box netview knows about is the
MLM, not the other nodes that the MLM will be status polling.
There are 0 entries in the MLM alias table.

Thank  You

Bill

Bill McCarter
Enterprise Systems Management