Re: Send events to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Send events to T/EC
From: Dean Grant <dgrant@AHOLDUSA.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:45:35 -0400
When we setup our event forwarding to the TEC we did not use smitty, we used the
Tivoli client. The steps we took are this:

1: Logon to NetView and SU to root.

2: Setup the Tivoli environment

.  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

(note the space between the dot and /etc)

3: Startup the Tivoli client

tivoli (-display ipaddress:0 if it'ts not in your environment)

4: The Tivoli client should come right up, and on it should be a policy region
named for your NetView server. Open it.

5: Your policy region should have a few objects in it, one for the operating
system, a profile, and one for the NetView application.

In my policy region the NetView application object is the center one. Hold down
the right-click button and you will get a menu. There are several options here,
Configue, Control, Diagnose, etc. Hold the right-click down and move the mouse
to Configure, and you will get another menu.

6: Again, more options. Hold the right-click down and move the cursor down to
'Configure event forwarding to Tivoli'. Release the right-click.

7: You will now have a configuration screen with the following options:

Forward events to Tivoli event server? (yes/no)
Tvioli event server host name: (put in your host name)
TME 10 NetView rule name: (put in your NetView ruleset.rs)

Click OK

And your done. No baroq required.

HTH

Dean