Re: Send events to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Send events to T/EC
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:43:13 -0400
I don't see how what you describe is possible.

First, check the file /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf and make sure that the rule you
think you are using is the one in this file.
Second, bring up your rule in the ruleset editor and make sure that the initial
node, the one that looks like a purple pizza, is set to BLOCK and not to PASS.

If you change either the ruleset or the tecint.conf file, you can just issue the
command nvtecia -reload to get the new values read.  If you want to stop
daemons, you only need to stop nvserverd to get the same effect.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Roberto Greco <roberto_greco@IT.IBM.COM> on 09/28/99 12:36:07 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>