Re: Removing objects from db by number?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Removing objects from db by number?
From: benvain <benvain@BSD.TM.FR>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:18:58 +0200
No, it is not!
But it could be soon if we ask for it at netview@tivoli.com, as L.Clark
recently suggested.
Furthermore, let me quote below a recent answer that I highlited in my
tipbox  from the same Leslie Clark:

<LC said>
[...] For your other item, things that are not on the map, do this:
Make sure it is not in the map by using the Locate function (by selection
name,
and by attribute of IP Address). Then ovstop netmon and do an ovtopofix -a.
This will get rid of partial nodes.  Then ovstart. You can check the object
database
with ovobjprint (see the man page). But perhaps that thing in the database
is
just a partially discovered node. If you try to add the node (to the correct
level
of the map, of course) and it says it already exists, you can still go ahead
and
add it. It adds a symbol for the object, which is what you are missing.
Netview
should join them together and take over from there. When you add it,
assuming
it is an IP device, be sure to go into the IP Map part of the dialog and OK
the
ip attributes.

</LC said>

Cordially
Bernard Envain - CIC Banque Scalbert-Dupont
 03 20 12 60 47 - Fx.: 03 20 12 60 80