Re: Netview and web

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview and web
From: Jason Kravitz <Jason_Kravitz@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:10:01 -0400
Andre - NetView and OpenView have not shared the same code base for LONG time -
in fact the NetView web client is in no way related to the OpenView web features
- I don't think the web existed at the time NetView came out of OpenView and
there has been no co-development since then...

Sean - you stated the following <from the response you got back from Tivoli>
>... run through a browser as javascript or as a standalone java
client...woohoo!

as a minor correction, the new 6.0 web client does not use javaScript at all -
the browser piece and the stand alone application are exactly the same front end
- only difference is, one is running as a java applet (browser) and one is
running as a java application - still should be pretty cool ;-)

jason

Andre Faille <Andre.Faille@SITA.INT> on 10/07/99 02:37:03 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>