Re: Cisco Collisions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco Collisions
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:54:39 -0600
To get a percentage, you need to divide by the number of packets.  I don't
know if there is a private Cisco MIB for that or not.  We usually use the
sum of the public MIBs if InUcastPkts, ifInNUcastPkts, ifOutUcastPkts and
ifOutNUcastPkts.  Maybe you could just use the two ifOut* MIBs since
collisions only occur on transmitted packets.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX

"Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it."
Dilbert's Words of Wisdom