Re: Computing Paging Space on Netview Server...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Computing Paging Space on Netview Server...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:43:05 -0500
I always calculate the paging space on AIX based on the actual memory
on the box. Double the memory unless you have 1GB or more, then the
lower factor will do.

The per-application considerations apply to the amount of real memory.
If you are doing Nways, you will want all of the memory you can justify
buying.
If you have 2GB you will be really happy with the performance of the java
stuff.
Assuming you have a reasonably fast processor.

With just Netview, the requirements go up with the number of devices being
monitored. With Nways the starting level is markedly higher, as noted in
the
recommendations. Those number are for very very small networks.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 11/05/99

Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM> on 11/04/99 03:14:46 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>