Re: My sincerest apologies

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: My sincerest apologies
From: Ken Garst <Ken.Garst@KP.ORG>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:56:31 -0800
Actually, i would regret most of all if James withdraws from the list.  In
fact, I took his answer to heart and it gave me the motivation to attack the
networkadmin group about how snmp is configured on their devices.  Many times I
have sat passively by as alarms came in to the control desk without prior
notification to me as the NetView and Network tools administrator.

The lesson in life that james' was teaching, i think, was a good one in that
event management is a serious business and requires cooperation among and
between the NetView/Tools administrator and the network gurus and that any time
something happens in event management that surprises the NetView administrator,
he/she has a right to demand an explanation from the network side.

Thanx for the advice James.

Regards,
ken.garst@kp.org