Re: Netview Web Access Problem/Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Web Access Problem/Question
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:35:06 -0500
There is no AIX userid involved with the web client in Netview V5.
Neither is Netview Security required, although it can be used to restrict
access. I would do that after you get it working, though.

Your problem may be the firewall. You should configure
the browser to use no proxy when connecting to Netview.

I had a case two weeks ago where only the submaps did not work.
I had the customer try it from a different PC which had more resources
and it worked fine.  (CPU and Memory).

At that customer, after the bad PC had failed to connect, no one else
could connect either unless I stopped and restarted the webserver
(nvwebstop) and killed the webquery process, and restarted it (from
somewhere under Administer - restart the map server and restart the
webserver). The idea was to clear the sockets. You can see the
sockets involved with  netstat -a | egrep -e 'webquery|1673'

I'm having trouble getting web access to the map on my server. I get
connected but never see the map. Here is the environment:
-       Netview Security is not activated.
-       I applied a web server e-fix recommended by Tivoli support for
other
problems not related to web access. Web daemon was hogging cpu.
-       We use a fire wall with userid and password, userid is not defined
on AIX. (I have a feeling this is my problem).
-       When I use Netscape browser to access I get the tivoli page but
when
I select the map I get nothing.

Do I need to start using Netview security?
 Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Frank J. Ardino III
Distributed Operations Center