Re: Help.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Help.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:31:58 -0500
Does ovobjprint  -S show you that you have an object database about the size you
expect.  Can you do ovtopodump -lrv and see networks and nodes?   Does ovmapdump
work?   Good, then your databases are at least there.

Take the GUI down and issue  ulimit -d unlimited and ulimit -s unlimited to make
sure you can get all the memory you require.
What kind of messages are in the nv6000.log?   You should see the messages you
saw on start up and you can investigate whether you can find the bit maps which
are being referenced.  Are there any before those which look suspicious?

Are all the daemons up (do ovstatus)?

Do  df    --  is the /usr or /usr/OV filesystem full?

cd to /usr/OV/log and format the nettl logs for more clues:
netfmt -f nettl.LOG00 > formatted.LOG00      and
netfmt -f nettl.LOG01> formatted.LOG01  (if there is one)
Browse the formatted logs and see what was in them from you last start up and
last night.

Good luck

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support