Writing a Rule to forward PatrolView Alarm data via Netview to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Writing a Rule to forward PatrolView Alarm data via Netview to TEC
From: Indy Chakrabarti <indy.chakrabarti@ewllc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:32:55 -0600
Can someone tell what I may have neglected in the following scenario:

I already have Netview 5.1 on AIX 4.3.2 forwarding events to TEC 3.6 for
node up and node down with correlation. So I have done the requisite load
and compiling of a rule base in TEC, enabling forwarding on Netview and
writing the Ruleset in Netview to send only the node up and down events.

But now I also need to send Patrol Agent events when they go into alarm. I
have already used PatrolView to send alarm events into the Netview event log
so I know the PatrolView\NEtview link is working.

I need to know why I can't get the Patrol events to forward from Netview to
TEC after I tried these steps:

1. Went into my original Node Up\Down ruleset and added a new trap setting
for Enterprise Name: BMC Software, Event Name: PATROLAgent_Alarm.
2. Connected the new block to Event Stream (set on Block) and Forward
3. Saved
4. Did ovstop and ovstart
5. Sent test Patrol alarms which were processed by Netview event log BUT
when I do a wtdumprl in TEC I do not see the event as having gone to TEC.

I am assuming the events should still be forwarded via the nvserverd daemon
and rule base that were created in TEC for the original Node Up\Down
forwards. But I don't see them.

Thanks for whatever next steps you can provide.