Re: Ciscoworks and Netview for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ciscoworks and Netview for NT
From: Edvyn.Lek@BANKOFAMERICA.COM
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:54:29 -0800
Scott,

By going from cw2k (assuming is version 2.x) to NetView is not as advisable
based on our experience. Unless you are using Campus/cwsi to do the discovery
and that your network consists of only Cisco devices. Version 2.x of Campus/cwsi
discovery is not as robust as Netview's. The next version of Campus 3.x will be
much improved for this purpose, and then it would be better to add new devices
from Campus to Essentials. However, you still have a problem, how are you going
to sync the number of devices between each of these applications! This should be
forthcoming from the vendor shortly (maybe in a year or so!)....etc, etc, etc

Scott Hammons <SHammons@MCBRIDE.COM> on 12/02/99 08:34:23 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>