Oracle on NetView for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Oracle on NetView for Unix
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:25:55 -0600
I am looking at the Database guide for installing using Oracle on
NetView.  It states that Oracle7 Server (RDBMS) 7.0.x or later.  Does
that mean only Oracle7, or can I install the latest Oracle and use it to
store the topology, trapd, and snmpCollect data?

I will be installing NetView for AIX version 5.1.2.

I thought I recall someone stating that only Oracle 7 would work, not
the later version but that was actually some time ago.  I wonder if it
is changed.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management