Re: Oracle on NetView for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Oracle on NetView for Unix
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:11:13 -0500
Ray -

Version 4 stored data and read data from RDBMses directly -- that is why the
nymber of versions supported were so small.  Every time the database vendor
changed his code we had  an APAR and with 5 different vendors we could not keep
up.  It wasn't just command changes; we had to link our code with their
libraries.   It was messy.

But Version 5 does not do it this way.  Version 5 NetView makes calls to RIM and
so can support whatever RIM supports, as long was we have the setup scripts
correct.  And RIM requires Framework.    That's where the dependency lies.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM> on 12/03/99 12:00:54 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>