Re: Flat file DB --> RDBMS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Flat file DB --> RDBMS
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:58:26 +0100

Alain,

Regarding your options :
1) Not supported by the lab - from what I've heard or read -, although this is
generaly working quite good - from the point that both NetView servers are in
the same subnet, that you don't forget to use reset_ci  and mapadmin commands
2) I never tried this personnaly, nor read references to that kind of config
anywhere. Anybody tried this ? Although, the question is : the topology DB is in
your RDBMS or exported from server A to the RDBMS, to be used by server B - how
do you maintain adequacy with the object databases on both NetView server. Even
if this could work, I guess it will be more difficult to handle than solution 1.
3) forget it.

Where do you see reporting facilities in TIPN ? The only one I know about are
for generating HTML reports about your Tivoli Managed Nodes, etc

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)
Tivoli Implementation & Services
Email : frederic_mottiat@be.ibm.com
Tel :  02/225 34 08        Gsm : +32 (0)75 388 773

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes@FORTISBANK.COM> on 06/12/99 16:49:25

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>