Re: Ruleset Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset Problems
From: Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:45:49 -0600
thx, I might need to use that here in the future myself as well.

Philip

James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> on 12/06/99 02:00:34 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Philip Guerra/Tivoli Systems)

The override node in the ruleset will work too, and  for TEC, it is often
simpler than any other.  But if  you are using it just to change the color on
the event display, it will be less overhead to use the method I outlined before,
with copies and node lists.  Using a ruleset to do the override means that all
operators have to run that ruleset, which has performance implications.   Using
the copy function in trapd with a node list gives all operators the same colors
by default and spreads the processing load out so that nvevents is not so busy.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM on 12/06/99 01:52:37 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>