How do I get rid of the yellow symbols being driven by Nways.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How do I get rid of the yellow symbols being driven by Nways.
From: Edward Ricci <edward_ricci@ins.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:54:45 -0500
The system I am working is running:

        AIX 4.3
        TME 10 NetView 5.1
        Nways Campus Manager 2.0

All the 8265s, 8210, 8271, and 8371 in on the map are yellow.  In all cases,
when I double click on the symbol for these I find they are all yellow
because "ATM Sap Port" is yellow.  I believe this exist because of the Nways
installation.  This interface does not have an IP address.  I can select the
ATM SAP Port interface (when I do at least one other interface also gets
selected) and Acknowledge but it will only turn yellow again.  If I Unmanage
it then I am unmanaging the other interfaces also.

I discussed this with the resident IBM Tivoli / Nways expert and was told
there may be a patch for this but she was not sure.  CAN ANY ONE HELP?  IS
THERE ANY FIX FOR THIS?  HOW DO I GET IT?

Thanks for your patience.

Edward Ricci
Lucent, NetCare Professional Services
Network System Engineer