Re: snmpv2usec

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpv2usec
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:45:19 -0500
There is code in trapd now to handle V2 traps (they are not called traps in V2).
If you think that this is not working and that this is the reason for your
"invalid packet" message then you should open a problem to Tivoli Support and
gather some documentation.  Specifically I would recommend that you set the -x
option on trapd (this is the "hex dump of all packets" option you see in the
config dialog) and then issue the  " trapd -T" command from the command line
while trapd is running to toggle the trace on and off as required.  The
trapd.trace file and the trapd.log file should provide information about what
exactly is the problem with these packets.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM> on 12/14/99 07:44:27 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>