change in MLM behaviour

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: change in MLM behaviour
From: Steve Francis <steve.francis@COMMSERV.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:29:16 -0800
Hi.

I noticed a few changes in the MLM behaviour when moving my monitoring
functions to the MLM that comes with Netview 5.1.1

Most of these changes I've worked around, but this one seems to have me.

You can no londer threshold on a MIB object of type timeticks.

I have been in the habit of setting a threshold so that if sysUptime is less
than the polling interval of the MLM, page me, as it means that the SNMP agent
on the box in question restarted.

WIth the new MLM, when I try to threshold against sysUptime, it tells me that
it is not an object of type integer, guage or counter, and wont do the
process.

Anyway around this, or is it a case for support?