Re: Monitoring systems reloading...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Monitoring systems reloading...
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:27:18 -0600
Steve Francis wrote:

> Can't monitor sysuptime with Netview's Data Collection and Thresholds
> facility,
> as that only has thresholds that exceed limits, while in this case I want a
> threshold tripped if its less than a limit.

Have you thought about editing /etc/mibExpr.conf and create an expression that
divides (100 * polling interval) by the system uptime.  The data collection
thresholding can be done looking for this number to exceed a threshold.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management