Re: Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Question
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:29:50 -0500
Bert, here is some clarification. Your question (Could not open requested
map) came yesterday. No one on the listserver has rejected it, as far as I
can
see. I do know that if you send the exact same note again, the listserver
software
itself will reject it as a probable unintentional duplicate transmission.
Your note
did get through. If you want to repeat a post, change it a little bit.

A second item: this listserver is NOT 'Support'. 'Support' is when you call
1-800-Tivoli8. This is more like a 'support group' where customers help
each other with shared problems and experiences. It there are Tivoli or
IBM folks participating, it is on a volunteer (or in my case, busybody)
basis.

That said, I saw your question but do not have much experience with the
Netview client setup. So I, too, am waiting for someone who does to answer.

Detroit

Hi,

I did not asked and read this kind of information before. I suggest that
we should not reject repeated questions because no one will read every
messages on every day. That's might be some one joined the group after
the message published. If support team reject the message, it should
retrieve the answer and send it to him. That's what support means.

We have NetView Server & Client Server, both installed on RS/6000 AIX.

Here is the message we get when we try to run Netview on the client, under
the "codnv" id:

Could not open requested map
Ensure validity of map by trying: mapadmin -l
If map is invalid, remove with: mapadmin -r
Trying to open map "default"

We looking at the file permissions yesterday and that doesn't seem to be
the problem.  Perhaps it has something to do with the client set-up. Using
the root id is OK.

Does anybody knows what's wrong with that?

Bert