Re: Access to NetView-Map over http

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Access to NetView-Map over http
From: "Demets.Steven" <Demets.Steven@ARMY.MIL.BE>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:50:33 +0100
                Hi,

                I've had the same problem.  I've looked it up in the Tivoli
knowledge base (on their website) and found that you have to have the nv6000
started in read/write mode while logged on as the root user (UID=0).
                When asking about the security issue here, they told me they
were aware of it.  Things haven't changed since (Feb 1999).
                There is also an issue of the icon colors which don't always
correspond to what you see on your nv6000 console.  Our ACK color is
darkblue, http version gives us darkgreen (not very clear next to an "OK"
object).

                Steven.
                Steven Demets
                1Sgt