CW2000 and NetView 5.1.2 on NT - traps and events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CW2000 and NetView 5.1.2 on NT - traps and events
From: Frederic Mottiat <frederic_mottiat@BE.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:23:57 +0100
Hello,

the CWSI Campus overview sheet lists as feature "Integration with Leading
Network Management Platforms : [...] Integration, registration and trap
management with Tivoli Netview".

By looking to the Cisco CWSI FAQ, it seems integration is only possible with
Tivoli Netview for AIX, NT being not supported. Even the installation guide for
CWSI NT 2.0 only make references to these NM products : CastleRock SNMPc,  HP
OpenView Windows,  HP Network Node Manager.

So if we choose for an NT solution, we'll never get the CWSI traps in the
Netview event display ? Do you know if there are plans to change this in the
future ?

Very best regards,

Frederic

Frederic Mottiat - IBM Global Services (PSS-SMNS)
Tivoli Implementation & Services
Email : frederic_mottiat@be.ibm.com
Tel :  02/225 34 08        Gsm : +32 (0)75 388 773