Re: Router mgt

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Router mgt
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:38:31 -0500
Without SNMP NetView will never see these routers as routers.  Instead he will
treat every interface as a separate node because he will not know to tie them
together in one box and thus will not know it is a router.  My guess is that you
are already getting generic nodes for these "devices" on the various submaps and
that is why you do not see a "router" on the IP Internet map.    This is covered
in detail in the NetView Diagnosis manual.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Muni Chatarpal <munic@LUCENT.COM> on 01/14/2000 03:58:31 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>