Operator access

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Operator access
From: Elizabeth Bagley <Elizabeth_Bagley@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:02:41 -0600
Hello,
In an effort to improve Tivoli NetView training, our course development team
is identifying best practices for configuring operator access to NetView.  To
that
end, we are looking for field experts who are willing to volunteer information
from their implementation experiences.  The following questions should give you
an idea of the kinds of questions we are asking:

Do you use NetView security?
Do you have a set of changes that you commonly make to the oper security
group permissions?
What changes do you make at the UNIX level to address operator accounts?
(new accounts for each operator?  special environment settings?)
Do you have a "canned" procedure that you use when configuring operator access?
Do you modify map permissions?

Please understand that these questions are just guidelines.   Any advice that
you
would like to pass on to future generations of NetView administrators would be
greatly appreciated.  If you prefer not to share the security information on
NV-L,
you can contact us directly at edu-cd_tnt@tivoli.com.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Bagley