Re: Router mgt

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Router mgt
From: Steve Francis <steve.francis@COMMSERV.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:20:02 -0800
If you manually add interfaces to one of the existing router interface objects,
Netview is clever enough to delete the other interfaces with same address, and
add
the router to the IP map level.

That's not very clear:
i.e. with no snmp, Netview will have found these objects:
COmputer1, Ip address 1.1.1.1
Computer 2, IP address 2.2.2.2

These are in fact the IP addresses of your router.
If you double click on COMputer1 symbol, then edit add object, and add an
interface
with ip address 2.2.2.2
Netview will convert Computer1 symbol to a router symbol, add it to the IP level
map, and remove computer2 symbol.

But clearly, getting SNMP access to these things is much better.