Re: Sending Interface Down & Interface up pages and correlation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Sending Interface Down & Interface up pages and correlation
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:04:51 -0600
Attached are two rulesets we use.  We only page on the FIRST "Interface
down" event for the node and the corresponding "Node up" event for the same
node.  The rules are configured to only page after the interface is down for
15 minutes (is configurable).  A NV field is set in the database for the
node in question when an interface is down for more than 15 minutes.  This
way the "Node up" event in the second rule will check this NV field to see
if it should send a page (i.e., you do NOT want to page when a new node is
added ("Node up" is generated in this case), but you DO want to send a page
for "Node up" when a corresponding page for "Interface up" has already been
sent).  We then execute an "Action" that executes a PERL script.  Our PERL
script calls TelAlert, which then does the paging.

Joe Prokott
Network Architect
West Group
phone:  651-687-4536