HELP with cisco symbols...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: HELP with cisco symbols...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:59:44 PST
Hello All.

My env:  Netview 5.1.1, AIX 4.2.1.

I am having a real problem transferring over the cisco bitmaps for my Cisco
7500 routers. I have another Netview box with Ciscoworks installed. Thus,
that box automatically has the symbols installed.

Here is what I have done to date:

1. I copied over all the 7500.*.m and 7500.*.p files into the
/usr/OV/bitmaps/C directory.

2. I examined the file: /usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym.

The OID that is asscoiated with my Cisco 7500 sereis routers is:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.8

Here is the present line in the oid_to_sym file:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.8:Connector:Gateway      # Cisco 7000

So, as just noted, I have copied over the files and made them all r--r--r--
1 bin   bin

Does anyone know what I do next, or how I am suppose to edit the oid_to_sym
file ??? I have tried several things but NO LUCK whatsoever.

I also did a ovw -config, ovw -verify, ovw -fields.

After each attempt I highlighted the device and did a Demand Poll, no change
in symbol.

If anyone has ever done this before, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.