SNMP Data Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP Data Collections
From: "Boyce, Robert L" <robert.l.boyce@LMCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:52:48 -0500
Greetings,

   I have a question for the forum.  In the SNMP MIB Data Collection is
there a way to change the Threshold from "greater than" to "less than"?  In
the GUI it seems to be hard wired as a " > ".

   The problem is that I am collecting percent memory free and I want to
alarm when that value is less than 10%.  I realize that I can create a MIB
expression and subtract the percent memory free value from 100, and then
alarm when that value is greater than 90, but then My data collection graphs
will look screwy (or I will have to have two Data collections, one for
percent free memory and one for alarming).  Am I missing something here?  I
am not using MLM's and I do not want to have to do this in a ruleset.  I am
running NetView 5.1.1 on AIX 4.3.2.

Thanks,

Robert Boyce
Computer Systems Analyst
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
robert.l.boyce@lmco.com