Problem with connection that disappears after maintenance

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with connection that disappears after maintenance
From: "Brunnberg, Karl" <kabru@WMDATA.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:36:26 +0100
Hi, I'm having problem with connections that is disappearing from the
Netview map after doing maintenance.
The problem is that after mainteance, 100-200 routers is rediscovered (you
got two routersymbols for the same router and when you click on one it shows
the same information as if you clicked the other one).
This is nothing new, the rediscovering of routers I mean (although it's
usually two or three routers) and the solution we use to cure this, is to
delete the rediscovered router from the submap (Edit -> Delete Object ->
>From this Submap). It's just submaps on the first view, where a new object
is placed soo this have worked well this far. But this time it didn't behave
as it usually did. When I'm deleting the routers the connections to the
original router is disappearing. The network symbol linked to the routers is
still left but the link between the router and the network symbol
disappears.
Trying a "Demand Poll" on the router dosen't cure it. But if your using
"Edit -> Cut -> Cut from this Submap" and then "Edit -> Paste" it could go
either way of this two:
1 It recovers it's old connection (good)
or (the more likely of them)
2 it gets a shadow beneath it (not good)

Does anyone have any experience of this problem ?
Is it maybe some errors/misunderstanding in the handling of netview from my
side (God forbid :) ) ?

A few pointers should be very appreciated.
Sincerely
/Kalle

The procedure we use at maintenance:
1. close all GUI
2. ovmapcount -uv
3. ovstop netmon
4. ovtopofix -a
5. ovstop ovtopmd
6. ovtopofix -Cv
7. ovstop

Using AIX 4.3.1.0 and Netview 5.1.2 and is discovering routers with help of
seedfile.