Re: NetView database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView database
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:50:59 -0800
Only the event database uses RDBMS for storage; the
map, object, and topology database is still in the old
flat file format.  For Netview NT, MSSQL server is
fine.  I don't think it's going to work for any UNIX
based Netview due to the fact that there are no Unix
client nor ODBC support for MS SQL server.

--- "Evankovich, Debra A" <devanko@MTPOWER.COM> wrote:
> I'm planning to store NetView data in a relational
> database soon.  Is it
> possible to use Microsoft SQL Server for the
> relational database management
> system or are we limited to DB2/6000, Informix,
> Oracle, or Sybase?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Debra
>

> Debra Evankovich