Re: Active Works MIB info

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Active Works MIB info
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:21:05 -0500
I am not an Active Works user and know nothing about it, so hopefully you will
still get a response from someone who does.

But if you have their MIB, then all you have to do is examine it, or load it
into NetView, and run mib2trap against it, if they have defined their traps in
the MIB, to see what's in their traps.

The rfc1155 specs are built into NetView already, I belive,  and rfc1213 is
shipped in /usr/OV/snmp_mibs and you can load it with xnmloadmib any time you
want.    Then you should be ready to load the Active Works MIB.  If they define
their traps in there, then you can just examine the MIB looking for TRAP-TYPE
constructs.  These will tell you about the contents of their traps.  If you run
mib2trap against the MIB it will produce an addtrap script to add these trap
definitions to trapd.conf.  You can examine the script, or run it and have them
added.

But if you want to know more about how it Active Works functions you'll have to
ask them or another knowledgeable user.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Dave Weston <DWeston@UNIONGAS.COM> on 01/31/2000 11:48:18 AM