playing with colors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: playing with colors
From: Alejandro Mechoulam <amechoul@BMA.COM.AR>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:11:53 -0300
Hello all,
I have a question about object managed by netmon and not.
I created an object inside of a router, the type is software:operating
system. I use a ruleset capturing two traps created adhoc, lets say 1001
1002 to make an override of the state of the object to change the color on
the map. That works ok. Now I try to get the object status using
nvdbformat. I inspected the /usr/OV/fields/C and the only fields that have
status of the format normal,critical, etc are IP Status and XXMAP Status,
but they always return -1. The object does not belong to the ip topology
(ovtopodump does not know anything about the id returned by nvdbformat).
The problem is, I can change the color of an object, but can not get his
current state.
I do not have a compiler to develope a C program. That's why I am using
scripts. ( a compiled GNU C is wellcome).
In oder words I want to recreate something like nvsniffer of NT Netview.
Help is apreciated.

Another question, I tried to change colors of an ip object with a script
posted in this list and worked ok, I noteced the netmon does not change
color again to the state it has to be when he polls (every 5'). Only if I
demandpoll the object. that is ok?