Re: playing with colors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: playing with colors
From: Alejandro Mechoulam <amechoul@BMA.COM.AR>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:11:33 -0300
Thanks James, I have to get the programmer's guide.
The object is a router, the object was added by loadhosts using the ip of
the ethernet interface, wich is changed by the trap. The propagation of the
states to the upper level is as usual for a compound object. When the
interface is pinged it returns to the apropiate color.

I want to migrate a control for ATMs (Automatic Teller Machine) that use
X.25 (implemented with XOT in CISCO routers). I have done it in NT Netiew
using nvsniffer, I poll for the numbers of SVC stablished, if it is >0 it's
ok and nvsniffer keeps trak of the states of the service object on the
router, sends traps, manage colors, etc, etc, etc.
I was hoping for Unix Netview 6.0 to improve nvsniffer and kill NT, but for
I have heard it is the same.
Perhaps it's time for me to study the noniptopod.
Thanks.