Re: Changing size of the bitmaps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing size of the bitmaps
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:24:32 -0500

You can try anything you want, but NetView, as it stands was designed to draw a
logical map based upon the connections of objects in a network.  It does not
know or care about their physical location.  That is a human (or geographical)
consideration which was not designed into the product.    You might bet lucky
with your approach and get it to work in the case that you want, but that would
not mean that you can get it to work in all cases.  The position of things on
the background is only approximate.   There is nothing in the topology database
to tie an icon to  background map -- if there were then you could not add or
remove backgrounds at will.  I suggest that you simple open the read-write map
and add a background to an existing submap, resize the window, and see what I am
talking about.   Those are the limitations you will have to work with.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bob Stamm <Robert_Stamm@RES.RAYTHEON.COM> on 02/01/2000 10:06:31 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>