Re: Antw: Database Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antw: Database Question
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:52:10 -0500
There is a script, /usr/OV/bin/printEvents, that is used to print selected
events. I sometimes customize it to change the command used to
print events from qprt to enscript. You might look in there to see if it
is involved in any other aspect of the events display.

I sometimes add a registration file for doing the grep for all events for a
node
from the map, rather than just the ones in cache. It looks like this:
Application "Show All Events"
{
    Description {
        "Greps all events for a node",
        "from trapd.log"
    }

    Version "V5R1";

    Copyright {
            ""
    }

    /*
     */
    Command -Shared  "${xnmappmon:-/usr/OV/bin/xnmappmon}";

    MenuBar "Test"
    {
        <83>    "Event History"        f.action "showevents";
    }

/******* Popups ***/

/*******/

    Action "showevents" {
        SelectionRule isNode && isIP;
        MinSelected 1;
         Command " \
                /usr/OV/bin/xnmappmon \
                -commandTitle \" All Events \" \
                -geometry 900x600                    \
                -cmd grep \"$OVwSelection1\" /usr/OV/log/trapd.log* ";
    }
}
And of couse if you were to dump all events into a relational database
via the RIM, you could use sql to generate whatever reports you wanted.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Michael Seibold <Michael.Seibold@GEK.DE>@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on 02/02/2000
02:08:01 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>