Re: forwarding trap to another netview server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: forwarding trap to another netview server
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:27:09 -0500
Alexis, first you will want to configure the options for the trapd daemon to
either forward specific traps to your second server or to forward ALL traps
to your second server. With NetView 4.2.1 you would use SMIT to do this. If
you choose to forward only specific traps to your second server then you
would need to go into Event Configuration and configure each individual
event you want forwarded to "Forward Trap".

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188