Seedfile not working ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Seedfile not working ?
From: "Smeriglio,Luca,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Luca.Smeriglio@NESTLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:47:30 +0100
Dear List,

I've activated a seed file today, the goal is to suppress discovery of
Windows95 workstations and HP Printers.

Until now, I've never used a seed file, but these 'unwanted' devices were
unmanaged at discovery time (by using specific entries in the oid_to_type
file)

Now, this doesn't seem to work. After the seedfile activation (and restart
of netmon),
I've deleted a few win95 devices, and they reappeared after a while.

Here is the seedfile I'm using (really simple) :
!@oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.23.1.12.2.1 # Novell NIOS Windows 95 SNMP Agent
!@oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1  # HP Network Printer

The OID I'm using is correct (we're using Novell's SNMP Agent on our
workstations)

Any idea what's happening here ?

Thanks for your input !
Cheers,