Re: NV-Databases increasing extremely

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV-Databases increasing extremely
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:57:13 -0500
It sounds as if you have the Nways Lan Network Manager [LNM] (layer 2,
mostly for token ring management) turned on.  Don't know how many
objects in the object database, how much bridging, how much rmon you
have.  Nways is a whole suite of products, and needs to be tuned and the
pieces you don't want turned off.  The install guides, release notes,
/usr/lpp/cml/lpp.READNME, and on-line docs are all useful in working
this out.  Even with LNM, though, there will be an initial increase in
database size, but it shouldn't grow constantly.

And your ovobjprint list doesn't mean anything to me.  Do you have a lot
of serial interfaces for frame relay on your routers?  The numbers
associated with Selection Name may be interface IDs coming back from
polling.

Seems as if you might want to open an Nways PMR and let them ask the
pertinent questions.