Re: tcpConnectionClose

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tcpConnectionClose
From: Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:20:11 -0600
We are also getting these from some of our devices.  From what we gathered
from Cisco, these traps are caused by a tcp disconnection (i.e. dlsw peer
stopping).  In our case, it was caused by another group running SNMPc and
testing the availability of the Telnet service on our routers (about every
30 seconds in our case).  Once we figured it out, we promptly put a stop to
their polling.

I don't know exactly how to stop it on the router (we are still looking into
that ourselves).

What we did before we figured it out was stop logging the events (since they
were filling the event display with message).

If I find something out, I will let you know.

Patrick