Re: ovtopmd exit on signal 255?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd exit on signal 255?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:59:06 -0500
Signal 255 means you got a negative one (-1) return code trying to start that
daemon.
The usual cause for this is that the Tivoli environment is not sourced when
ovspmd is started, so when he start ovtopmd, ovtopmd cannot find the $LIBDIR
libraries to load.

You can fix this problem in the short run by stopping all the daemons, sourcing
the Tivoli enviornment, and then starting them
(1) ovstop nvsecd
(2)  .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
(3) ovstart  -v

If don't want to source the Tivoli enviornment, then you can just stop all the
daemons (ovstop nvsecd) and start them with /etc/netnmrc.

Are you starting NetView out of cron?  use /etc/netnmrc

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Sean Davidson <sean.davidson@MAIL.PUBLIX.COM> on 02/14/2000 08:30:21 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>