Re: Refresh Problem with Read-only ipmap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Refresh Problem with Read-only ipmap
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:34:04 -0500
Luca -

I don't have any hints about improving performance on the NetView GUI in AIX.
There is nothing you can tweak in NetView.
We don't arbitrarily limit the speed of the map updates.   But whether you can
add mbufs or something like that, I don't know.  If you like, you can open a
problem to Support.  Perhaps AIX can recommend some resource settings or you can
ask NetView support if they will help you analyze performance (you need the
Performance Tool box, server agent and client installed).  Basically that's it.
On my 43P 140  the r-o map and the r-w map update almost instantaneously.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Smeriglio,Luca,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Luca.Smeriglio@NESTLE.COM> on 02/14/2000
09:35:05 AM