Reg Netview Unix install problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Reg Netview Unix install problems
From: M Robert Prakash <robertprakash@CHENNAI.TCS.CO.IN>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:19:39 +0530
Hi

Thanks Vladimir,please ignore my earlier mail,I was able to locate the SUNWsacom
file and install it.When I installed Netview this is the error I got(see
below).To give you some history.I installed Framework in the /export/home
directory since it is free.My /usr directory was almost full when I did Netview
install.I thought since Framework was installed in /export/home,netview will
also get installed there.But I think it got installed in the /usr directory.Is
there any chance I can change the path before installing it.Now when I do
wlsinst -a ,it lists Netview 5.1 server as a Product.An icon was also  created
in the Netview Policy region after the installation.But the product is not
installed properly.Is there a uninstall available so that I can reinstall it
elsewhere.Also I found that the usr directory inside
/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2 was actually a link to /usr.So instead of
actually getting installed inside /export/home,it got installed in /usr where
there was no space.Also could there be a problem with my Cdrom,it says there is
some problem in the file8.PKT and file12.PKT.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Checking product dependencies...
 patch NVTMP311 is already installed as needed.
Dependency check completed.
Inspecting node sunsnr...
Installing product: TME 10 NetView Server 5.1

Unless you cancel, the following operations will be executed:
  For the machines in the independent class:
    hosts(sunsnr)
   sunsnr already has the Message Catalogs installed (from sunsnr).

  For the machines in the solaris2 class:
    hosts(sunsnr)
   need to copy the architecture specific Binaries to:
         sunsnr:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2
   sunsnr already has the Server Database installed (from sunsnr).
   need to copy the architecture specific NetView Base Configuration to:
         sunsnr:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2
   need to copy the architecture specific NetView Features to:
         sunsnr:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2
   need to copy the architecture specific NetView Features Configuration to:
         sunsnr:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2

---
To continue with installation, select the ``Continue Install'' button
 -OR-
to abort this installation attempt, select the ``Cancel'' button.

Executing queued operation(s)
Distributing architecture specific Binaries for sunsnr
Something went wrong:
Media Packet:  "/cdrom/volume_name/FILE8.PKT"
sunsnr:FAILED (fatal error)
Product install completed successfully.
/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/usr/OV/lib/libovcmapi.so: short write;
filesystem full?
bad file write.
FATAL.
 completed with errors.

Distributing architecture specific NetView Base Configuration for sunsnr

Something went wrong:
Media Packet:  "/cdrom/volume_name/FILE12.PKT"
sunsnr:FAILED (soft error)

Failure: the last few lines of the error log (/tmp/NVS_51_CONFBASE_after.error):
PATH=/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/tmenv6000/image/OV/usr/OV/bin:/usr/OV/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

+ export PATH
PREREQ_OUT=nv6000.base.obj.prereq.out
LPP_LOC=/usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
+ [ ! -d /usr/lpp/nv6000/TME_tmp ]
+ cd /usr/lpp/nv6000/TME_tmp
+ [ ! -f /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a ]
+ echo Unable to locate /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
Unable to locate /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
+ exit 1
 completed with errors.

Distributing architecture specific NetView Features for sunsnr
Something went wrong:
Media Packet:  "/cdrom/volume_name/FILE13.PKT"
sunsnr:FAILED (fatal error)
/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/usr/OV/bin/C5Maint: short write; filesystem
full?
bad file write.
FATAL.
 completed with errors.

Distributing architecture specific NetView Features Configuration for sunsnr

Something went wrong:
Media Packet:  "/cdrom/volume_name/FILE14.PKT"
sunsnr:FAILED (soft error)

Failure: the last few lines of the error log (/tmp/NVS_51_NVFCONF_after.error):
PATH=/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/export/home/Tivoli/bin/solaris2/tmenv6000/image/OV/usr/OV/bin:/usr/OV/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

+ export PATH
PREREQ_OUT=nv6000.features.obj.prereq.out
LPP_LOC=/usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
+ [ ! -d /usr/lpp/nv6000/TME_tmp ]
+ cd /usr/lpp/nv6000/TME_tmp
+ [ ! -f /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a ]
+ echo Unable to locate /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
Unable to locate /usr/lpp/nv6000/liblpp.En_US.a
+ exit 1
 completed with errors.

Registering product installation attributes...registered.

Finished product installation.